All Recipes, Mains, Lactose Free
Lemon Herb Cheese Crumbled over Watermelon Salad
Homemade cheese featuring Lactantia® Lactose Free Cream makes an impressive addition to this fresh salad. Both unexpected and delicious, it’s the perfect side for warm-weather meals.
Serves: 4 Preparation: 5 mins+ 30 mins in fridge Cook Time: 60 mins
- In a medium pot, bring the 1L Lactantia® Lactose Free 10% Half & Half Cream to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the lemon juice slowly to let cream curdle. Let it cook for another minute.
- Turn off heat, add in the fresh herbs, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a cheese cloth-lined sieve and let drain for a minute.
- Bring all sides of cheesecloth together and tie around a wooden spoon.
- Place the wooden spoon over a bowl so that the cheesecloth hangs above it without touching the bottom.
- Allow the cheesecloth mixture to drip for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out additional liquid and take the cheesecloth to a work surface. Loosen the cheesecloth and form a rectangle around the cheese.
- Place cheesecloth in between a pan and a weight. Let sit for another 30 minutes.
- Once the cheese is pressed, undo the cheesecloth, and cut into cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the watermelon, red onions, and olives.
- In a jar mix together elements for dressing and pour over watermelon mixture.
- Divide onto 4 plates and sprinkle cheese over top.