All Recipes, Holiday
Egg Nest Cookies
A perfect treat for spring, these delightful cookies are very easy to prepare.
Serves: 24 cookies Preparation: 30 mins Cook Time: 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease 24 muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together melted Lactantia® European Style Unsalted Butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer. Add 1 egg and vanilla extract, then mix until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until dough forms.
- Divide the dough among the muffin tins, pressing into the bottom of each mold, then sprinkle evenly with shredded coconut.
- Bake the cookie nests for 11-13 minutes, or until coconut starts to brown.
- Allow the cookie nests to cool almost completely. Then, twist gently and insert a thin knife down the side to remove them from muffin tin and transfer to cooling rack.
- When completely cooled, place three egg candies in each nest.