Creamy Clam Chowder
Whether canned or fresh from the ocean, clams are a good source of iron and omega-3 fatty acids. With rich Lactantia® Cooking Cream and wholesome ingredients, this hearty clam chowder is the perfect remedy for chilly days.
- 30 mins prep
- 10 mins cook
- 4 servings
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ cup canned corn kernels
- 2 cans of canned clams, drained
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Lactantia® 15% Cooking Cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup pancetta, cubed
- 8 fresh clams
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, brown the pancetta until relatively well-done. Remove and let drain on paper towel.
- Using the same pot, sautée the onion and garlic until soft.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir constantly for a minute.
- Slowly add in the clam juice and stock, stirring to avoid lumps, and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, celery, and corn. Simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add the canned clams and Lactantia® Cooking Cream. Heat through for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pot on medium heat, heat ¼ cup white wine and ¼ chicken stock.
- Once the liquid is boiling, add in the fresh clams, stir, and cover until clam shells have opened.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with pancetta, parsley, and 2 clams per bowl.