Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes (+ 10 minutes standing time)
- Serves: 6
These sliver dollar pancakes are layered with fresh strawberries, sweet strawberry jam and heavenly whipped cream for a breakfast strawberry shortcake that everyone will love.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 tsp (20 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Lactantia® Milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Lactantia® Salted Butter, melted and divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) strawberry jam
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced strawberries
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In separate bowl, whisk together milk and lemon juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs. Stir in 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter; pour over flour mixture. Whisk just until just combined (do not overmix; batter may have a few lumps). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Stir in icing sugar and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in large skillet or griddle set over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into skillet (adjust heat to medium-low if needed). Cook pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden on the bottom, adding remaining butter as needed. Keep warm in low oven.
- For each serving, stack 3 pancakes, layered with jam, sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
Substitute raspberries, blueberries or peaches for strawberries if needed.