Salted Butterscotch Pudding
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (+3 hours chilling time)
- Serves: 4
This old-fashioned dessert never goes out of style and this version tastes better and richer than ever.
- 2 cups (500 mL) Lactantia® 18% Table Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Lactantia® Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt (approx)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) molasses
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) store-bought caramel sauce
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; set aside. Whisk together cream, molasses and egg yolks until blended; stir into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until boiling and thickened. Boil for 1 minute.
- Strain through fine-meshed sieve into bowl. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Divide among 4 dessert cups; cover with plastic wrap placed directly on surface of pudding to prevent skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Before serving, whip cream until stiff peaks start to form. Top each pudding cup with whipped cream; drizzle with caramel sauce. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Spike pudding with 2 tbsp (30 mL) bourbon if desired.