Miniature Stuffed Donuts with Caramel Cream
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Makes: 20
This simple dessert is made with store-bought mini donuts stuffed with a simple but crowd-pleasing caramel cream that everyone will love.
- 20 miniature plain donuts
- 1 carton (473 mL) Lactantia 35% Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup (60 mL) thick caramel sauce or dulce de leche
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- On baking sheet, cut donuts in half horizontally; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream on High for 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks start to form. Beat in caramel sauce and sugar for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon caramel cream into plastic bag. Snip off bottom tip; pipe caramel cream onto bottom half of each donut. Cap with tops of donuts.
- To serve, dust with icing sugar.
- Substitute mini brioche buns, mini croissants or your favorite cookies for donuts if desired.
- Caramel cream is also delicious spooned onto ice cream sundaes, brownies, cakes or pies.