Easy 4-Step Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes (+ 4 hours 10 minutes standing time)
- Serves: 6 to 8
This simple-to-prepare vanilla ice cream requires no ice cream maker! Be creative and customize the ice cream by adding your favourite mix-ins and flavours to the vanilla base.
- 1 carton (473 mL) Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream
- 1 can (14 oz/300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fine sea salt
- In large bowl, whisk together condensed milk, vanilla and salt until blended.
- In medium bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat Lactantia® 35% Whipping Cream on high speed until stiff peaks start to form.
- Using spatula, fold half the whipped cream into vanilla mixture. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream until just combined (mixture should be airy and light).
- Scrape into chilled loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
For maple-flavoured no-churn ice cream, stir 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure dark maple syrup into condensed milk mixture in Step 2 and continue with the recipe. Serve with a drizzle more maple syrup.
For chocolate–mint chip ice cream, substitute vanilla with mint extract and fold in dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks to whipped ice cream base in Step 4.
Add any other favourite mix-ins to whipped cream base: fold in chopped chocolate, candies, nuts or cookies. Flavour with gingerbread spice, pumpkin pie spice or instant espresso powder granules. For fruity inspirations, fold in your favourite fruit pie filling, fresh or frozen fruit.