Butternut Squash Soup with Spiced Cream
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
Jazz up your favorite butternut squash soup by garnishing with a quick and easy spiced cinnamon cream dollop made with Lactantia 15% Cooking Cream. Serve in your favourite cappuccino mug for an impressive presentation that will have your guests talking about.
- 8 cups prepared heated pureed butternut squash soup
- 1/2 cup Lactantia 15% Cream
- 2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- In a medium pot set over medium heat cook soup for 18 to 20 minutes or until soup is heated through and bubbling. Ladle soup into large glass mugs.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe bowl heat cream and 1 tsp each salt, pepper, and cinnamon on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes or until steaming hot. Froth with handheld frother until foamy.
- Top soup with dollops of steamed and frothed cream. Garnish with remaining sea salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Substitute butternut squash soup with your favorite pureed soup and garnish with fresh herbs, toasted chopped nuts or croutons.
- Froth cream with in batches, if needed, with espresso steaming wand, electric frother, frothing wand, frothing pump, French press or immersion blender in deep pot or stand blender.