Risotto with Asparagus, Mint, and Goat Cheese
- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 6 people
A simple risotto is great to have on hand for entertaining guests—and this one is a crowd pleaser! Made with a trio of unique ingredients and Lactantia® Lactose Free Cream, it’s easy on the stomach and easy to love.Can be made with Lactantia® 10% Half and Half cream.
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 900mL chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups asparagus, 1″ pieces
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup Lactantia® 10% Half and Half Lactose Free Cream
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat the chicken stock in a small pot and keep on the stove on a low simmer.
- Cook the asparagus in the chicken stock for two minutes, remove and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil on medium heat.
- Sautée the garlic and small onion for a couple of minutes to soften and bring out the flavours.
- Add in the rice and stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Once the rice has been coated in the oil, add in the white wine, sitting constantly. Keep stirring until the wine has reduced by 3/4.
- Begin adding the chicken stock, 1 ladle at a time, stirring the rice constantly to bring out the creaminess.
- Once most the liquid is gone, add in the next ladle and continue this process until the rice is cooked but still has a slight bite.
- At this point, add in the asparagus, goat cheese, and the mint.
- Add in the cream, stir the pot, turn off the heat, and cover for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.